Attention sports teams, cheer squads and local groups: We need you!
School groups of all ages and community, churches or clubs are invited to compete in the Mercy Health Seaway Run Spirit Competition! Spirit groups will be placed along the half marathon and 10k course ready to encourage participants every step of the way. Costumes and themes are optional, smiles and enthusiasm are required! Groups participating not only support our runner’s amazing efforts, but are also cheering to earn money for their team! You could win $250 towards your charity of choice or group.
If interested, sign up ASAP to reserve your spot along the course. Locations are selected on a first come, first serve basis.
To sign up: use the online form below to register! If you have questions, please email Melissa at [email protected]
SPIRIT COMPETITION GUIDELINES
• One group representative (adult) must attend the pre-race meeting (TBD – usually approx. 2 weeks before race weekend)
• Teams are required to be at their designated location ready to cheer prior to the start time provided by the Mercy Health Seaway Run Spirit Coordinator.
• Participants must provide their own transportation to the race site.
• Participants are responsible for their own water and snacks if providing.
• An adult must be present at the competition site at all times.(if group members are under 18)
• Any participant or spectator displaying non-sportsman like behavior before, during or after the competition may cause the team to be disqualified.
• Teams are encouraged to pick a theme for their cheer stations and dress in costumes.
All teams will be judged on their overall spirit and creativity. BE CREATIVE! You can use sidewalk chalk (where appropriate), banners/signs, pom poms, glitter, music, etc. Wear crazy costumes, bring plastic guitars, and paint your faces.
Judges will be scattered throughout the race. We have designated runners who will be judging each team.
We will announce the winners the week following the event. Good luck!!