Race Day Basics
All running and walking events start at the corner of 4th & Western in downtown Muskegon.
- Line up by mile pace you plan to run
- Always keep to the right to allow faster runners to pass
- If running with friends, please run no more than two abreast to allow for others to pass
- Follow Course Marshal directions
- If running with headphones, keep volume low enough to be aware of what’s happening around you.
- At the SPIRIT STATIONS (water) be aware of runners behind you if you slow down or stop.
- Keep moving at the FINISH LINE
- Say THANK YOU to the volunteers. Without them you would not be racing.
- Do not bring any unnecessary bags to the event; random bag checks by security personnel will take place.
- Check items you will not be running/walking with at the Official BAG CHECK near the finish line on race day.
- Keep in mind that any miscellaneous items left near the Mercy Health Seaway Run starting and finish lines will be removed and disposed of by security personnel.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended in any areas at the Mercy Health Seaway Run and Expo.
- Report any unattended bags and/or suspicious activity to the nearest security personnel.
CHIP ON BIB INSTRUCTIONS
(FOR TIMED EVENTS)
- Do Not Fold or Mutilate the chip. Do Not Remove the chip.
- Bib on Top Layer of clothing ONLY.
- Do Not Cover bib with anything (including arm when stopping your watch.) The mats need to “see” the bib on your torso.
- Attach the bib Horizontally on your torso – NOT on your back, NOT on your hat or in your pocket.
- Use a safety pin at all four corners.
- Printed on your bib is a Unique QR code. Scan with your smartphone.
- Within minutes of your finish you can see your results!
- QR code readers will be available in the finish area.
HAVE FUN! BE SAFE!
Seaway Run & Expo and Lake Michigan Half Marathon is a community event focused on fitness, supported by Mercy Health & other partners.